Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A First Time for Everything...

Over the years I've planned, styled, and executed countless parties and events, but tomorrow is a first... I am actually catering an entire event, as well as joining in with some of my Woo-Hoo Gal friends for decorating the venue and tablescapes. 

 I'm here the night before, going over notes, hoping I haven't forgotten anything, and actually feeling a little more anxious that I care to feel!  The event is a wedding rehearsal dinner for some good friends of our family.  We're preparing for 100+ people, so it's quite an undertaking!  My Main Man will be joining me to prepare our "nearly-famous" fajitas for this fiesta!  He's got about 5 dishes he can do really well, and this is one of them!

This has been one of our family's signature dishes for many years!  We've served this many times to company, and when someone in our family has been traveling this is usually their first requested home-cooked meal.  We serve it with Mexican Rice, Perfect 7 Guacamole and Black Bean & Corn Salsa.  Man... I'm hungry!

I feel confident in the preparation itself, but of course, I've never prepared fajitas and all the trimmings for 100 before!  
I'll be sure and post some pictures from this endeavor.  I know the Woo-Hoo Gals will have the tables and scenery looking fabulous!  We're excited to give it our best.  
I'll let you know if this was my once-in-a-lifetime catering job, or if I think I'm returning to my life of bringing a side dish to the potluck!  ;-)

Keep Shining!
The Woo-Hoo Gal

Would you like to see these recipes posted?  Let me know!

Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.


2 comments:

hwhinternational said...

Ahh baby you've got this little event all but wrapped up!! I love your ambition just wish I had half of your energy! I can smell em cookin now.. Update y'all tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

Glad it was a success and yes, we definitely want recipes!

Post a Comment